Key trends that will help to shape the growth of the sustainable fixed-income market in 2021 and beyond.
- We anticipate an increased focus on management incentives being tied to ESG-related key performance
indicators (KPIs), and not just at senior management level.
- We believe 2021 will see the continued evolution of regulatory plans which will challenge investors,
assets owners, companies and governments to improve their sustainable disclosure and reporting.
- We predict the robust growth of corporate and sovereign green, social and sustainable bond issuance,
both by region and sector. Credibility is key to its continued growth.
- By asking more of issuers, ranging from the bare minimum of whether they have an ESG plan, to specific
topics on how sustainability affects their businesses, fixed-income investors can push issuers to improve
their practices, transparency and reporting for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- In our view, shareholders and bondholders working together will create the maximum opportunity to
improve environmental and societal outcomes, as well as share best practices.