This session considered the challenges faced by the whole insurance industry, both locally and abroad. Further analysis will consider the role for international best practice, AI and behavioural economics in improving engagement.
- Is there an ongoing role for group insurance within superannuation?
- Can insurance ever move beyond being a grudge purchase?
- What innovations can we expect around products, experience and affordability?
Dan Taylor, General manager, partnerships, TAL Australia
Anthony Clough, General manager, group distribution, AIA Australia
MODERATOR: Colin Tate AM, Chief executive, Conexus Financial
Have you seen a noticeable increase in member engagement in their super and insurance since the pandemic and the heightened media coverage since the recent legislative changes?
- Yes, considerably
- Yes, marginally
- No, not at all
Where do you think life insurers should be investing in innovation?
- Engagement – education, communications and campaigns
- Experience – digital capabilities and technology foundations
- Products – design, simplification and rationalisation
- Services – channel delivery, process redesign and member servicing