When group life insurance was embedded within superannuation, there were clear distinctions between funds within an occupational member recruitment model. Mergers have made fund members more heterogeneous, meaning there is less similarity around roles performed and associated. This session discussed the implications for delivering group insurance as funds draw members across various ages, employment types and risk factors.
- What is the future for automatic insurance?
- Who should be given the choice to opt-in?
- What would super stapling mean for the industry?
Noel Lacey, Head of insurance, Cbus
Jenni Baxter, Partner, Deloitte
Moderator: Matthew Smith, Managing editor, Investment Magazine
- Yes- immediately
- Yes- but it will take years
- No- unclear it will add value to members
- No- there are more important issues to tackle